Monday, October 24, 2005

It was about time!

Saturday was a beautiful day, nice, sunny but breezy too...yesterday it got kinda chilly, and was chilly (9 degrees C) all day, so I was freezing while visiting the Texas State Fair, and during the bike ride at night.
Last night it went down to about 6 C I think, and this morning it said 3 C around 8am!!! Wow! So i finally got to break in my new fancy jacket that had been sitting in my closet for way too long ever since I bought it online when I was in Florida: it had never been used!
But back to the fair...it was a little bummer as we didn't get to see the country/rural side of it: the stuff we hung around was kind of normal for a fair (rides, cotton candy, ...), the food kind of gross and overpriced...as one of my students put it, the fair is the place for real Americans with a think regional accent where they serve food that not even the animals would eat! (It was much funnier in her not-so-broken Italian!). So the car exhibits was pretty much just a bunch of huge pickup trucks, all about being the "-est" at something (the roomiest, the biggest, the toughest, the tallest,...), although actually none of them were good at anything worth mentioning (gas mileage, safety,...). Almost anybody ever uses those things for what they're supposed to be used anyway, so who cares I guess...
I posted some more pictures in the "Dallas" album in my online photos.
I still need to post this one though, it says a lot!


No comments: