Monday, May 01, 2006

there's hope!

today i got notified that my H1B petition (H1B = work visa) got accepted, so i will receive my I-797 soon, with which i can apply for an actual work visa on my passport for the next 3 years...which means that SMU owns me...wow, is that what i am thrilled about? i guess so...but H1B has always meant hope, it's a huge step up from the student visa i have now...i used to think that the H1B meant being very close to residency, which i just learned is not true...plus it costs a heck of a lot of money! so i am happy to think that there's hope for other people like me...or rather, for the ones who pay! the other day i saw a bumper sticker that read: "we don't live in a democracy, we live in an auction". which means everything has a price...everything can be bought...think of bailbonds...think of immigration lawyers...it's interesting how all of this doesn't constitute corruption, because it's official and institutionalized...

No comments: