Monday, January 18, 2010

Nazca (Peru)

After such a perfect excursion to the Colca Canyon it would have been nice to just take it easy and soak it all in once back in Arequipa, but unfortunately I had to keep going...so I went straight to the bus terminal for another night on a bus!
My next destination was Nazca, which I reached at the unpleasant time of 5, while still asleep. I tried to fight off the touts and just do my own thing, and ended up at some desolate office waiting room killing time before the agency opened for the day to book my flight over the famous Nazca lines...
well, I had never been entirely sure whether or not I should visit them and spend $30-40 or more on a 25 minute flight, and in the end I did...which I am still not sure was a good idea! haha
The lines are very mysterious and one could say it's been a mystery for so long that people should want to see them at all costs...I just felt like I was going to be ripped off no matter what, ajd I'm pretty sure I did in the end! The lines were interesting, but I didn't expect the plane to get so close from both sides and turn on each side to get closer...that didn't go down too well with what I had put in my stomach, so I ended up missing the last two figures! haha
Just like most people visiting the lines, I tried to get out of Nazca just as quickly as I has come in, as I was trying to combine it with sandboarding at Huacachina!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch.

No comments: