Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sucre (Bolivia)

At about 2400m, it's weird to say it was one of the lowest places I have visited on this trip! Sucre felt noticeably warmer and seemed much more "sophisticated" than the rest of the country (Lima excluded); lots of people out and about, lots of places filled with people, even the night market where I went to eat was packed!
The city's best features though are its blinding white buildings and beautiful colonial architecture; the sun and scattered clouds helped my good mood and my inclination to take a lot of pictures!
The only thing that is inconvenient about Sucre is its bus terminal, a 25 minute uphill walk from the center. Other than that, I loved relaxing in the main square, strolling through the streets looking for food stalls, taking lots of pictures, and "stealing" the wi-fi signal from different bars while standing on the street! Also, the vegetarian restaurant inside a gym was quite tasty and super cheap!

Needless to say, it was hard to leave, especially since it was my last place in Bolivia: I was to spend the next day in La Paz just for the day, before boarding a Peru-bound bus in the late afternoon.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch.

No comments: