Friday, December 19, 2008

bocas del toro.

Today I took a day long boat tour through some of the islands of the archipelago here, the most important being Isla de Bastimento I guess...we did not get to see any dolphins, which was a major bummer...not a good way to start the day! But then things got better as we did some snorkeling in two different places...pretty interesting! The last stop was at a beach on an island where we got to see these tiny red frogs that are kind of poisonous...then the beach itself had been taken away by the high tides and the currents were pretty rough...so I didn't lie down on the sand, but spent the whole time in the water, trying to relax while I was being pushed back and forth by the currents! I also ran into an older Italian couple from Parma...30 minutes away from my hometown (Guastalla)!
Well, that's it for today, now some chill time and some pasta hopefully, then tomorrow I am going back to the mainland passing through big banana plantations (some locals told me it's not Chiquita anymore, but De La Cruz), then onto the Costa Rican border, then into Costa Rica, stopping for the day and night at Puerto Viejo de Talamanca.

No comments: