Thursday, December 18, 2008

boquete, bocas del toro

After a long night sleep I embarked on several hours of bus to make my way to the Atlantic side of Panama, through a dam, a lake, highlands with lush vegetation and some isolated villages...interesting ride...then walked to catch a boat in Almirante to get here in Bocas del Toro, an island that's very chill, but at the same time kind of in the same vein as Boquete when it comes to catering to a crowd of wealthy, English-speaking gringos...it's definitely a nice place though, and I got to walk around town before it started raining...I also got to ride a rickety old rusty cruiser through some hilly, pothole-filled roads to get to some caves...me and T went inside and eventually found thousands and thousands of bats packed in the same place...reminded me of NYC! Then on our bike ride back we got completely soaked, so now it's nice to be nice, clean and most of all dry!
Tomorrow is a boat tour to ome other islands around this one, mostly to a bay with plenty of dolphins (or so I hope!), a beach with tiny red frogs, and two spots for excellent snorkeling...or so says the brochure...I will be able to tell tomorrow! Note to self: don't get sunburned again!

No comments: