Monday, December 22, 2008

san isidro del general (perez).

So I gotta give San Jose some credit, it's not that bad...when I was ready to finally get into it a bit more, then I got upset at how hard it was to find a single bus terminal! Each and every person I asked gave me different directions...was it because they didn't know? Or they were not sure where it is? Or what? Well, it drove me crazy...but eventually we found the terminal, waited for the next available bus and got on...now we're sort of stuck in San Isidro del General (also called Perez) for the night. Our bus for San Gerardo de Rivas leaves tomorrow at 5am, it's a 2 and a half hour drive on mostly unpaved roads...then from there we're going to see if it's possible to spend the night at the hostel on top of Cerro Chirripo' (3820 meters) from where you can see both the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans...if not, we're going to spend the day in San Gerardo and then make the 6-8 hour hike up on Christmas Eve...thus spending Christmas Eve at 3820 meters above sea level...which would be nice...and then coming back down on Christmas Day...the only drawback would be not being able to call anybody to wish them a Merry Christmas, but I think I could live with that...so we'll see, tonight we got a bunch of food for the 2 days, since there's no food on the way up or up there...it's going to be fun, I cannot wait!
Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments: